I made myself a paperdori!
Seeing JumpyJess and the paperdori that she made, I was inspired to make my own which I just got around to doing. So simple to make and yet it took me four attempts!
I bought a pack of really nice 12×12 inch nature themed card, double sided with four sheets of each pattern – plenty of material then! Well, almost ran out of the colour I wanted because I kept messing up.
- I accidental cut the wrong size. No big deal, just means moving on to the next sheet
- Cut it the right size but messed up big time with the sticky plastic covering. I cut it right, got the plastic on without bubbles and streaks…only the plastic I cut for the front was too small and left the top exposed and I didn’t want to have to fold over the plastic from the other side because on the front it just looks messy.
- Time to try again. I had it cut with plastic on perfect except the holes I made were too close to the edge and the elastic broke through when I was tying it.
After attempt three I threw a tantrum because it was four in the morning, I kept messing up and I’d already had to go upstairs several times because I kept forgetting things and I was sick of it but after taking a moment, I decided to try one more time and fourth time’s a charm!
Having made this, now I have to sort out the inserts but that’ll take some time so you’ll have to wait for another post to see how I lay this out.