Hey everyone, I have a bit of a different kind of blog post for you today. Typically, I reserve Wednesdays for snail mail related posts such as my incoming and outgoing mail but I had to fit this post in somewhere and as I’m low on snail mail topics at the moment, Wednesday was the chosen day!
So, last month, I was surprised to be nominated by Sunshine Diary for the Mystery Blogger Award created by Okoto Enigma. I always appreciate being nominated for these kinds of awards because knowing that people enjoy reading my blog does put a smile on my face. Though I don’t often write these kinds of blog posts, I thought I would in this case so I could say a thank you to everyone who reads my blogs and leaves me comments. I swear, I’m still surprised at how many lovely comments my blog posts get!
Less than a year ago, in fact it was in July 2016 so about nine months ago, I had a giveaway to celebrate getting 365 followers – one for every day of the year. I’m now nearing 900. It’s crazy! I never thought that so many people would enjoy my blog.
I do plan on doing a giveaway when I reach 1000 followers and it’ll be a good one (especially for any fellow planner nerds out there)!
I was also thinking of doing an ‘Ask Me Anything’ post when I reach 1000 followers, if that’s something you’d be interested in. I guess this is a shout out for questions – feel free to ask me anything, it doesn’t just have to relate to planners, crafting and snail mail. Simple questions, fun questions, thought-provoking questions – anything! Like I said, ask anything here. I’ll gather the questions up and when I reach 1000 followers, I’ll answer them!
But okay, back to the Mystery Blogger Award that I mentioned. Here are the rules associated with it:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Now, I tend not to nominate blogs because I have a real hard time choosing and I don’t want to put pressure on people to participate so I’ll do the typical cop-out routine of nominating anyone who reads this!
I will oblige in answering the questions that Sunshine Diary picked out though.
- Describe one moment in your life that you would relive each day if you could.
Hard to think of one moment…I’m going to say the day my family went to go collect our dog, Victor (miss him so much!). I think I was about 10 and I remember travelling down to Cork to get him. On the way back home with him, I got to sit in the back of the car with him and I remember him lying down and resting his head on my lap, so cute!
2. What is your favourite book and why?
The Lord of the Rings! Because it’s the book that really got me into fantasy.
3. What is the hardest part of blogging?
Motivating myself to actually write blog posts! Seriously – it’s hard to motivate myself, even though I love it! Once I get started I’m fine but before I actually start, I can’t help but look at the pictures I have for the posts I want to get written and wish them done already!
4. Describe one weird / funny thing that you do that only someone who knows you really well would know about.
I cocoon myself in order to sleep! Seriously, I can’t fall asleep unless I wrap the blanket under my feet and tightly around my sides and pull the blanket up high so that only a small part of my face is exposed – I can never share a blanket with anyone!
5. Name a typical task / moment in life that makes you want to quit ‘adulting’.
Anything relating to phone calls and writing professional emails. I really hate making phone calls so I avoid it with a passion! I get really anxious about making phone calls for some reason and I always second guess myself when writing emails. If only being an adult didn’t require these basic tasks!
Okay, so now onto the five questions I’m asking (to anyone of my readers who I’ve nominated and wants to do this):
- What is your favourite song of all time?
- What is the best piece of advice that you’ve received?
- What is one thing you would change about yourself?
- If you could invent a holiday, what would it be?
- What is the best thing that happened to you this week?
Okay, so there you have it – my five answers and five questions. And also a call for you to ask me questions!
If you’ve missed seeing my regular crafty topics, don’t worry – I’ll be back on Friday with a card making post so look forward to that!